Sunday 15 March 2015

Drafting and Planning - Influence for DigiPak

During my research, I looked into the fonts used in the 1960s for posters, adverts etc. and these fonts were very popular and inspired me to add a more retro feel to my production.
Here is an example of the thing I saw:


Seeing this got me thinking about adding words into my image of a heart, in a hidden way. I have always liked the idea of hidden words and hidden meaning and this was a great opportunity for me to include it. I tried to keep the image of the broken glass heart relevant but by changing the shapes of the broken glass into letters spelling out 'Love Yourself' in the heart.

Here is an image of the heart I created which will now definitely be the standard for my digiPak album cover for my regeneration of Sam Smith's album 'Empty Words'

This is what I created:



No comments:

Post a Comment